Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I’m Kai Davis, and I have one goal: Help your business be better off than it was before you found me.
Maybe you’re struggling to get more traffic to your store. Or you want to expose your products to a wider audience, but you’ve hit the limit of your marketing knowledge. Perhaps you want to build relationships with influencers and find opportunities to work with them on promoting your products, but you aren’t sure how to get started.
I’ve been there. I’ve been through all of that. I stumbled forward in the dark for a few years, until I figured out the way forward. And I want to help you do the same.
So why should you listen to me?
I’ve worked in the world of SEO, Link Building, and Outreach Consulting for around 7 years now. I help retail eCommerce stores get found online and increase their sales. I manage a small SEO and Outreach Consulting agency. I connect with influencers who reach the same audience as you and find opportunities to expose your best products and content to their audience.
How I got started…
My first introduction was like many of us — I was working with a partner on an online store. We had a beautiful store and a wonderful product, but we didn’t have any traffic. So we started out building links to our store however we could. But, after awhile, we didn’t see any increase in our traffic. On top of that, we started to see the old ways — blog spam and focuing on the quantity of links instead of quality — fall out of favor. Gone were the days where we could blast a bunch of links and wait to see our rankings increase. Instead, our traffic was coming from White-Hat Search Engine Optimization to help our store get found online and Digital Outrach to build relationships and earn our store links.
By focusing on building relationships with influencers in our audience and creating the type of content that our audience naturally wanted to read, share, and link to, we were able to earn high-quality, relevant links to our store and our traffic slowly, incrementally started to climb.
And better yet? Because we were focusing on building relationships with influencers who had the same audience as us, their audience would naturally seek out out articles, interviews, and resources that we were creating and share it with other people in their community, bringing us new traffic, customers, and sales and earning us more high-quality, relevant links.
In the end, we discovered that this new flavor of Search Engine Optimization, Link Building, and Digital Outreach was safe, stable, and evergreen. By creating the type of high-quality content that our audience wanted to read, building relationships with influencers in our audience, and working together to find opportunities to expose our best content and product to their audience, we were building high-quality, relevant links to our store and increasing our traffic!
I make my living now helping retail eCommerce brands and companies that sell products online increase their sales. I connect with influencers and work with them to expose their audiences to my client’s best products and content. I love what I do, but most importantly, I love the success stories I get each day from my readers, clients, and customers.
Interviews I’ve given around the web…
eCommerce SEO, Link Building, and Digital Outraech
- Web Agency Podcast (SEO Strategies for the future)
- Unofficial Shopify Podcast (SEO advice for eCommerce entrepreneurs)
- Under The Radar (Outreach and SEO Consulting for Designers)
- The Deep End Design (How Designers Can Grow Their Business By Selling SEO)
- The Business Insights Podcast (Getting more traffic to your eCommerce store)
- The Boomer Business Owner (How to increase product sales online)
- Mary Lou Kayser (Kai Davis on Building Relationships and Remaining Relevant in Our Digital World)
(I love helping teach your audience about Search Engine Optimization, Link Building, and Digital Outreach. If you have a new or established podcast and you’re looking for a guest, I’d love for you to get in touch)
Building a Consulting Business
- Working Without Pants with Jake Jorgovan (How I built up my consulting career)
- Side Hustle Nation with Nick Loper (My history as employee → freelancer → consultant)
- Side Hustle Nation with Nick Loper (How you can use productized consulting to grow your business)
- CopyHour with Derek Johanson (How to grow your consulting business)
- Double Your Freelancing Rate (How to raise your rates)
- The Freeelancer Show (An Introduction to Productized Consulting or No More Proposals)
- The Procedure People (The Procedure People interviewed me on my marketing and business background)
- Double Your Freelancing Rate (Student Spotlight on Double Your Freelancing Rate)
Lastly, I do provide consulting services. This is how I make a living. But I’ll never try to hard sell you or anyone else, nor do I presume that I have a monoply on information. I practice value-based pricing, I charge based on the amount of value I deliver.
I like to get to know each and every customer and reader of mine. My inbox is always open to you, and I’m happy to answer any and all questions or be a sounding board.