A reader writes in with an excellent questions about working with an SEO consultant
On-page SEO is important but particularly important in two cases:What are the questions I should be asking my SEO consultant to answer? Target keywords for a start? Or am I wasting my time with on-page SEO? Seems like an important building block. What do you recommend?
- Doing an audit to see what's broken and then fix it (identifying site wide / page specific issues)
- Optimizing specific pages on your site for specific keywords
- What SEO issues do you see site-wide?
- For my top performing pages for Organic traffic, what issues do you see?
- What keywords am I currently ranking for?
- What keywords produce the majority (80/20) of my organic traffic?
- What pages produce the majority (80/20) of my organic traffic?
- What keywords are my top competitors ranking for?
- What is the strategic plan for ranking higher / copying competitor keywords?
- How healthy is my backlink profile? What do we mean by 'health'?
- How does this compare to my competitors?
- What's our link building strategy? What strategies do you, dear consultant, recommend/advocate?
- What's the plan to get +5-10 links from unique, high-quality referring domains every month?
These questions are answered in the Shopify Store Ecommerce Audit (https://doubleyourecommerce.com/products/shopify-store-ecommerce-seo-audit) and the Ecommerce Marketing Growth Roadmap (https://doubleyourecommerce.com/products/ecommerce-marketing-roadmap) which tackles questions about link building.