I’m now accepting submissions for the 2016 $500 scholarship contest.
What is the SEO scholarship?
The SEO scholarship is a $500 scholarship open to both high school seniors who are looking to enter college at the start of the next school year, as well as students currently enrolled in a college or university.
The SEO scholarship is for a student currently enrolled (or planning to be enrolled in) a Business, Marketing, Journalism, or Public Relations program who is interesting in Search Engine Optimization, Internet Marketing, and Digital Public Relations.
What’s included in the SEO scholarship?
If selected, you’ll receive:
- A $500 cash stipend to be used however you’d like in the pursuit of your education.
- A collection of tools, resources, and educational materials — hand picked by me — to help you further your understanding and study of Search Engine Optimization, Internet Marketing, and Digital Public Relations
- Ongoing mentoring and professional development access to me to answer any questions that you have about Search Engine Optimization, Marketing, Consulting, or Business in general
I want this scholarship to help set you up for ongoing personal and professional success in your life.
Why did you create the SEO scholarship?
My consulting agency retail eCommerce companies increase their sales. I created this scholarship to provide a resource and path for students interested in Search Engine Optimization, Internet Marketing, and Digital Public Relations further their study — either independently or as part of the classroom.
How to Apply
The following information will be useful in writing your essay and preparing your application.
Who is this scholarship for?
The scholarship is open to both high school seniors who are looking to enter college at the start of the next school year, as well as students currently enrolled in a college or university in a Business, Marketing, Journalism, or Public Relations program.
How, exactly, do I apply?
I want to hear about a time that you promoted a cause, a business, or an individual, what you learned in that experience, and how that experience affected your (or their) community.
You’ll write an essay (500 – 1,000 words), post it to your blog or website, and link back to this page using this link: http://dye.staging.wpengine.com/scholarship/1.
Then, you’ll fill out the scholarship application form and include:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- The name of the school you’re currently attending and your major (If you’re a high school student, the name of the school you will be attending in 2016 and your future major)
- The URL of the blog post with your essay
The student who submits the most inspiring and interesting story will receive the $500 scholarship, to be spent as they want, in pursuit of a degree or a personal project.
When is my application due by?
Your scholarship application must be received by June 16th, 2016, at 11:59pm PST.
All supporting materials must be received by June 16th. Notification of the award will be made in July 2016.
I have a question…
You can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: it may take me 7-14 days to respond to your question.
I’m ready to get started! What do I do next?
- First, write your 500 – 1,000 word essay
- Then, post the essay to your blog or personal website
After that, include a link in your post back to this scholarship page
Finally, fill out the Scholarship Application Form
- You can copy and paste this text into your post to add a link: This is an application essay for <a href=”http://dye.staging.wpengine.com/scholarship/”>Kai Davis</a>’s Digital Outreach Scholarship. ↩